Nowadays, you can get quite versatile heat pumps with many different advanced features, and also that can be customized according to your household needs. Now let us see what are the various options available to you so that you can choose the right model for your house.
Single split heat pumps
You can get single split thermopompe murale (Meaning in English is wall mounted heat pump) which has both indoor and outdoor units. This is one of the most common varieties of heat pump that you will find in most of the houses. Following are few benefits of this type of heat pumps.
- You have plenty of options to buy any of the most efficient model as there are number of well-known brands marketing it.
- In case any problem arises in the outdoor unit then only single indoor unit will get affected.
However, as compared to multi-zone the single split unit costs little higher. Multi-zone model may not be as efficient and hence you may consider multiple numbers of single split AC instead. You also need to understand if you use multiple number of single split heat pump then you also need multiple number of outdoor units too.
Multi-split heat pumps
In this type of heat pumps there will be only single outdoor unit for numbers of indoor units. This is also gaining popularity as you can create different ranges of temperature settings in different rooms and hence it is possible to manage the environment much better. Following are few benefits of such options:
- As compared to buying multiple number of single split heat pump this will be better cost-effective solution.
- Since there is only single outdoor unit and hence your area will not get crowded with multiple numbers of outdoor units
However, you need to consider the fact that if the outdoor unit has any issue then all the indoor units will get affected. The efficiency can also be lower as more indoor units are running from single outdoor unit. Also, it is necessary that all the indoor units must be in heat or cool mode. You cannot have one indoor in cool and other in heat mode.
Here there is flexible ducting unit remains concealed in the roof cavity.
- Nothing is visible expect air duct on roof and control pad on wall
- Climate of the multiple areas can be consistently maintained.
However, this is very expensive option as compared to other alternates and can have limited control in individual zone.